DMware Support Approach for ODMA
Last updated 2002-09-02-13:31 -0700 (pdt)
ODMA, the Open Document Management API, is supported as part of the AIIM DMware Clearinghouse. The support structures are designed to make ODMA materials and status completely and widely available for public inspection, review, and application in trouble-shooting, problem-resolution, and development of new materials.
This material is updated and expanded as DMware Clearinghouse organization continues.
1.1 Customer First
1.2 Public Operation and Visibility
3.1 AIIM International Institutional Support
3.2 AIIM DMware Technical Coordinator
DMware support for ODMA is consistent with the principle that "The Customer is Always Right." This principle is honored through the following practices:
- Contributors are valued guests: Everyone who addresses a question to ODMA Tech is a valued customer of the AIIM DMware clearinghouse and is a respected, honored guest and contributor.
- Every question matters: Every submission to the ODMA Tech list and the DMware clearinghouse contributes to identifying where support is required and can be strengthened. No question is irrelevant. Every question is an opportunity to demonstrate responsible support.
- 24-hour response: Submissions that require responses are acknowledged within 24 hours. If there is additional action to be taken, the response will identify what those actions are and what can be expected next.
- Complete follow-through: Inquiries are refined and clarified through exchanges with the requester until such point that the underlying support requirement is identified and completely resolved to the satisfaction of the requester.
- We own the problem: Regardless of the underlying issues and actual problems uncovered, support requirements brought to the DMware clearinghouse will be owned and resolved as ODMA support issues and carried through to resolution, whether or not there is any deficiency in ODMA software or support. No issue will be declined nor handed over to a third party without the explicit concurrence of all parties. The issue will be carried as a DMware support issue until it is successfully resolved.
- The customer is always right: A question or issue is resolved successfully and satisfactorily only when the customer says so.
All DMware ODMA materials are the result of voluntary contributions of the document-management community: users, developers, vendors, and organizations. These community materials are developed in public and made openly available.
The reliable management of documents is important in the strategic applications of many organizations and institutions. To safeguard the quality of ODMA contributions and provide the means by which all users may confirm the origin and status of materials they use,
- ODMA materials will be unambiguously identified.
- The authenticity of ODMA materials can be confirmed by comparison with reference versions provided on-line in the DMware clearinghouse
- All information that impacts the status and usability of ODMA materials is available on-line for reference and consultation in trouble-shooting and in any other activities for which reliable status is important.
- All changes and modifications are accurately reported and kept in on-line history information.
- Source code and related materials are fully available and disclosed for inspection, review, and confirmation of the construction of current operational forms.
- All dependencies on other materials and software are fully disclosed, and confirmation of operation with particular versions is documented and demonstrable.
- Suspected and confirmed defects are made known at once in the ODMA support section.
The purpose of this approach is to establish a rigorous level of reliability and demonstrated trustworthiness for middleware, such as the ODMA Connection Manager, on which may users will depend as part of the management of important electronic documents.
The DMware Clearinghouse does not provide support for proprietary or commercial ODMA-related products. The developers and vendors of software products are responsible for any direct support, including the creation of patches, updates, documentation, and instructions for use.
The DMware Clearinghouse supports the troubleshooting of integration using the ODMA Connection Manager, and will provide publicly-available information on how to find support services available for ODMA-related products.
The DMware Clearinghouse provides a public repository of contributed information on integration experiences and how to troubleshoot and confirm the operation of the ODMA Connection Manager.
The DMware Clearinghouse provides the public repository of community-contributed ODMA software, along with all supporting materials, documentation, and status information.
The primary access to DMware Clearinghouse support for ODMA is the ODMA Tech distribution list. All submissions to this distribution are part of the public record of ODMA Support. ODMA users are invited to submit all questions as well as responses and contributions via this distribution list.
DMware support for ODMA is accomplished with the volunteer contributions of interested users, developers, industry organizations, and vendors. ODMA community projects are undertaken using open-source development principles. All ODMA materials of the DMware Clearinghouse are available to the public under a simple open-source license.
AIIM International provides institutional support for the DMware clearinghouse, providing the web site, distribution lists, and arranging technical support for organization and maintenance of the clearinghouse site itself. The dmware.org and dmware.net Internet domains are the property of AIIM International.
The AIIM DMware Technical Coordinator is responsible for the maintenance of the site, ensuring that information is current and available. The Technical Coordinator manages the tracking and resolution of support issues, coordinates development activities, and provides liaison among the various ODMA communities, in accordance with the agreed Statement of Work.
The Technical Coordinator reviews and screens material of the DMware Clearinghouse to ensure that the support policies are honored. A periodic accounting is provided for the performance of ODMA Support against the stated accountabilities and support policies.
created 2000-06-17-11:29 -0700 (pdt) by orcmid
$$Author: Orcmid $
$$Date: 02-09-02 13:35 $
$$Revision: 11 $